Monday, February 27, 2012

White Shirt - Item 3 Progress



It has taken a while to get this item for the Wardrobe Basics SewAlong off to a start due to a wait on my white knit fabric.  I think it has been worth the wait though as the fabric is a lovely quality knit with great recovery. I'm trying to make things that last, rather than use fabric that stretches out after one wash.
I'm using the Kate Top pattern from Style Arc and have measured it against a RTW top I have already and I think the sizing will be fairly accurate.
Some things I have noticed so far:
  • The Kate Top pattern is in whole pieces (as in a whole front and back etc) and this is the first time I have cut out a pattern using whole pieces (normally I place items on the fold)
  • The Kate Top has some nice shaping through the sides so I look forward to seeing how it looks made up.
  • For some reason, I could not find white rib knit anywhere so I have resorted to cutting up a white singlet for the cuffs.
Well that is all for now and I'll be back next time with my finished Kate Top.

1 comment:

  1. Ribbing is difficult to find. Here in the UK, I order mine from Dots and Stripes. I even have trouble finding it in London! Which is a pretty big city.
    Good luck with your blouse!

    ReplyDelete